Help with a Federal Agency

Request Help with a Federal Agency

As your representative in Congress it is my pleasure to assist you with issues involving federal agencies. Although my office cannot override or improperly influence the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person’s behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or simply attempt to cut through the red tape.

Below you will find a list of agencies that I can help you with and a list of frequently asked questions. Please complete this digital authorization form, which is required by the Privacy ActNote, if you are requesting assistance from Veterans Affairs, they will not accept the digital form. You must complete the PDF version.

My staff is here to serve you and assist with any matters that involve a federal agency, including:

Frequently Asked Questions

A federal agency has denied my claim/application. Can you help me appeal the decision?
My staff is happy to ask for information or a status report on a pending case, or ask for clarification on the reasons for denial, but it would be inappropriate for me to compel any agency to decide an issue in your favor, or attempt to overturn a decision that is final. Return to Top
Can I request casework assistance for a matter involving a Florida State or County agency?
As a U.S. Representative, my staff has access to liaison offices for all U.S. federal agencies. For assistance with matters involving a non-federal agency or department, you should contact your representatives in the Florida State Legislature or the office of the Governor, because they have more direct access to non-federal agencies and can better review and respond to your concerns. We are happy to help you identify your state representative and provide you with their contact information. Return to Top
Can you help me with my legal case or court hearing?
I and my staff cannot give legal advice or initiate off-the-record communication with a judge who is presiding over a pending court case. Return to Top