March 1, 2022
Webster Introduces American Energy Independence Bill
Washington, DC – Florida Congressman Daniel Webster, R-Clermont, joined Natural Resources Committee Republican Leader Bruce Westerman and Energy and Commerce Committee Republican Leader Cathy McMorris Rodgers to introduce H.R. 6858, the American Energy Independence from Russia Act.
“Energy independence is a national security issue,” said Rep. Daniel Webster. “Under President Trump’s leadership America had achieved this independence, but President Biden’s war on U.S. oil and gas production and transport has contributed to rising gas prices and limiting his options to sanction the Russian energy sector. Cancelation of the Keystone XL pipeline and adverse permitting decisions place the U.S. in an untenable and vulnerable position. This bill reverses President Biden’s disastrous Anti-American energy policies.”
The American Energy Independence from Russia Act,
- Approves the Keystone XL pipeline to create thousands of American jobs and deliver an additional 830,000 barrels per day of crude oil to U.S. refineries;
- Unleashes U.S. LNG exports to boost U.S. natural gas production and displace Russian gas in the European market;
- Unlocks America’s energy potential by requiring leasing and permitting of energy and minerals development on Federal lands and waters;
- Protects domestic oil and gas, mining, and critical minerals production from further attacks by the Biden administration; and
- Requires President Biden to submit an energy security plan to Congress within 30 days to evaluate U.S. oil and natural gas imports, identify importing countries that pose an energy security risk to America, and encourage domestic production of oil and natural gas to offset imports from Russia.