Third Round of Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has begun sending economic impact payments to eligible taxpayers in accordance with legislation signed into law on March 11th. Visit the Get My Payment tool to check on your payment.

  • Most eligible individuals will receive the EIP via direct deposit. 
  • First payments will have an official pay date of Wednesday, March 17th.
  • Eligible recipients who do not receive the payment via direct deposit can expect payments in the mail in the next several weeks.
  • The IRS will not add payments to existing EIP debit cards.

Most Social Security and other federal beneficiaries will receive this third payment the same way as their regular benefits – a payment date for will be announced shortly

Taxpayers who have already filed 2020 returns and included unemployment benefits are urged not to take immediate action to amend their return. Further directions are expected from the IRS soon. For more information please visit the Frequently Asked Questions provided by the IRS, including how to update Direct Deposit and what to do if you have an address change. 

If you have more questions, please contact my office at 352-241-9220.

First and Second rounds of Economic Impact Payments for Individuals, Families, and Seniors

The bipartisan COVID-19 relief package passed on December 21, 2020, provided:

  • $600 per individual
  • $1,200 per couple, and
  • $600 per child (under 17 years, with a valid SSN).

These funds were disbursed beginning Monday, December 28, 2020.

The CARES Act passed and signed into law in March 2020 provided anyone with a social security number with a one-time tax rebate of $1,200.

These funds were sent to those with incomes at or below $75,000 for individuals, $112,500 for head of household, and $150,000 for married couples

For more updates on the coronavirus and what's happening in Congress, subscribe to my newsletter

Economic Impact Payments FAQ 

*Courtesy of the IRS

How can I find out about the Expanded Child Tax Credit?

Information on this will be available soon at

How can I check the status of my check?

Visit and click on the Get My Payment link.

Questions about the "Get My Payment" portal?

Visit the IRS' Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to questions about using the application, eligibility, payment amounts, and more.

I received a Notice 1444 or a payment date from Get My Payment, but have not received my check. What can I do?

You may submit a contract tracing request with the IRS. Please visit this link and Q.55 for steps to submit a tracing request on your payment.

What is needed to submit a tracing request mention above?

You must have first received a Notice 1444 or payment date from "Get My Payment" and it must be

  • 5 days since the scheduled deposit date
  • 4 weeks since it was mailed by check to a standard address
  • 6 weeks since it was mailed, and you have a forwarding address on file with the local post office
  • 9 weeks since it was mailed, and you have a foreign address

If these all apply then, according to the IRS, you can submit a request in the following ways:

  • Call the IRS at 800-919-9835 (you may experience long wait times or recorded help because our staffing is limited)


  • Submit a completed Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund (PDF)
  • If you submit the form and you are Married Filing Jointly, both spouses must sign the form;
  • Write “EIP” on the top of the form and complete Sections I, II and III;
  • Answer the refund questions as they relate to your EIP;
  • When completing Number 7 under Section I, check the box for “Individual” as the Type of return; enter “2020” as the tax period and leave the date filed blank;
  • Mail or fax the form to {see the FAQ for where to mail or fax form 3911}:

My Address Changed. What Do I do?

haven’t already done so. The fastest way to file the return and have your address updated, is to file it electronically.

If your payment can’t be delivered to you for any reason, it will be returned to the IRS. To get your payment reissued:

  • Set up direct deposit with Get My Payment. After your payment is returned to the IRS, your payment status will update to “Need More Information.” You can then choose direct deposit to a:
    • Bank account
    • Prepaid debit card (must be reloadable; contact the card issuer for information)
    • Alternative financial products that have a routing and account number associated with them
  • Update your address with the IRS. The easiest way is to file your 2020 tax return with your current address, if you haven’t already done so. Once we receive your current address, we will reissue your payment.

Read additional FAQ on the tax rebate program here

FAQs on the "Get My Payment" portal are available here.